Saturday, July 9, 2011

Extra-Terrestrial

So to preface, I have this doll that I picked up intending it as a gift for some of my dear friends - Matt and Anya's son. Only problem is, I rarely ever get to see them as they live down in Austin. So for a while, it camped out against the back windshield of Emily's car; however she began to complain that it creeped her out - how she could be creeped out by an icon of 1980's culture - I don't know, but then of course there's always boy George. Anyways, eventually it ended up in our garage, and sat on a pile of stuff, well when I re-organized the garage, I put it on a stack of shelves. So now, it's been sitting there a few months, and I find it quite welcoming to pull in to the garage and see the congenial face of ET - Emily is still creeped out. I guess I can kind of see the eyes are a bit menacing, but hey, that could be a powerful counter theft measure for anyone foolish enough to consider grabbing any of the junk valuable items in our garage.

On a completely unrelated note, I've decided to morph my blog into more of a personal venture as well to start incorporating my personal passion for photography in the day to day happenings of my mildly ridiculous life. Hopefully as well, it'll help me get shooting more between client or club sessions, since those are so prolific occasional. We'll see how long I can keep this up. I have plenty of inconsequential fascinating things to say...

No comments:

Post a Comment